Saturday, April 12, 2008

Baseball Fever

After three years of baseball tickets at RFK Stadium, we were able to join the Nationals in their continued losing streak at the new stadium.

Once crammed inside a giant concrete bowl built in the 1960's, at the new field we experienced multiple cuisine choices on every level of the stadium. The new ball park was built in the SE part of DC which just 10 years ago was completely crime ridden. I couldn't believe the transformation. Sadly, the team hasn't transformed to the same level, giving up 4 runs in the first inning alone.

While we enjoyed a 1 hour rain delay, we walked around the arena, admiring views of the river, the microbrew stations and the Playstation Playground. Sadly, if there weren't 100 kids already in line, I would have been playing Guitar Hero the entire time.

Once the game got under way, we had about 5 innings before 'homeboy' was bored. They go from sweet and innocent at 4 years old to "I'm cool, Dude" by 5.

SIGH. I'm not ready for what 8 years old has on tap.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

Oh, that's it. I'm goin'.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

Ooof. I've got girls, and I'm amazed by how different one year can be from the next. It seems that Punkin' Pie does her stuff in alternate years - the even years are hard, but the odd ones seem to settle down. She didn't start this until about 8 or 9, though, so I got a pretty good run before I had to turn on the Mommy patience.

He DOES look too cool, though, Dude!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God...he really is the image of his father!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home