Thursday, July 13, 2006

Wanna-haka-loogi

Yeah, recycled from Nemo, so shoot me.

OK, I don't care what location a conference takes place in, it's exhausting and I'm so glad the thing is over. Sure being in Hawaii helped ease the pain a bit, but it's nice to be done. My first major meeting and I feel like I did well enough to make it past my probationary period.

We finished in Honolulu and left as soon as we could. Today is our first day in Kauai and holy crap is it beautiful. We couldn't check into our cottage until 3:00 PM so we hung out at Polihale Beach.

After grabbing a quick lunch, we drove to the west side of the island. My navigation skills kinda suck because I really can't speak Hawaiian to save my life, so everything ends or begins with "ali wanna hanna mali moe' or something stupid like that. 16 fucking letters and each word has to be like ten syllables.

We swung by the store and picked up the essentials; pop tarts, Pringles, diet coke and gin. Then we checked into the place and chilled. The place has cable, a 48" inch flat screen TV and most important: WiFi. Larry looked in disgust as I plugged in again. "I thought we were going to just live in rural paradise while we were here," he said.

I looked up from the computer screen. "Ummm, five minutes ago you were excited over the fact we could watch tonight's premier of Project Runway."

"Oh yeah. Good point," and he turned up the speakers on the iPod so that he could better hear the Belinda Carlisle song.

Yep... paradise is crap without thirty pounds of electronics.

Check out the view from the patio.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet view, my friend. Very nice! You HAVE to take a helicopter flight over the island while you're there...absolutely the best money you will ever spend in your whole life (unless you're writing a check to me, of course).

Again...very jealous

12:28 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Shit, I'm paranoid about that. I HATE heights. Well, not true. I hate dropping out of the sky from heights. We're negoiating the helicopter, but we are going snorkling and ziplining.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Heidi spent a Month in HI before kids. Best Vacation Ever!
Shaka

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holey Moley Oley!!! That's gorgeous! I told you I spent 10 incredible days in Honolulu, but it doesn't have anything like that view. Wow!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Daddy Cool said...

As I look around at all these boxes left to unpack......


hating you just a little.

; )

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Samantha, I cannot believe how gorgeous all of these pictures are! Why have I dragged my heels all these many months? That's it: Husband and I are going to Hawaii!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home