Sunday, May 11, 2008

10 things

After Tuscon, I had a 3-day conference in Phoenix at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort. While I worked, Larry slept, ate and enjoyed the pool all day. Last Sunday, we had a wonderful dinner with two friends that I've known since first grade. There are 6 of us from grade school that stay in touch, though this was the first time in 14 years that I saw one of them.

I'm amazed at the environmental contradictions that many companies have. Like most hotels, the Sheraton has a sign that asks guests to hang up their towels if they will be used again. If you're going to ask patrons to do that, why do you put plastic cups (in plastic wrap) in the bathrooms?

Did you know that Loverboy, The Hooters, Night Ranger, Dokken and REO Speedwagon all released new CD's in the past year? Loverboy and Dokken's were particularly good.

We are dog-sitting Barky for the week. It's been weird to have a beagle back in the house and we've accidentally called him Rodney more than once. Papa Bradstein joked that we'd want to keep him, but I think we'll be like grandparents--come to visit but we're always glad to have the house back.

Since school has been out, I've done near nothing. Yesterday, I watched about 8 hours of television. I can't tell you the last time I did that. One just can't get enough of Law & Order: SVU.

However, I did do something productive yesterday. Our garbage disposal stopped working and I installed a new one. Seriously, it wasn't that hard. Do not think that only a plumber can do it. We did have to call my dad in Chicago twice to ask questions on removing the old one, but I installed it all on my own. I'm really thankful that he did a lot of home repair work as I grew up. It's made me a lot more confident in my "hardware" abilities.

I'm totally hooked on the group, Cinder Road.

I leave for Vietnam in less than 2 weeks. I was originally going to try my luck and not get vaccinated, but everyone has completely flipped out at that idea. My friend Stephanie went this week and got tetanus, the heps and typhoid. It turns out you don't need malaria for Vietnam & Cambodia. I'll probably end up getting scurvy or something weird. My doctor appointment is on Thursday.

Corey lost his 2nd tooth this past week. He was chewing on the end of a water bottle and it popped right out.

Happy Mother's Day to all my favorite moms out there. (That includes you, real mom.)

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

Here's hoping I get as much done when I'm working around the house as you do when you're "doing nothing."

Thanks again for taking our prodigal pooch for us, and apologies for the messes.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Idaho Dad said...

Asia just released a new CD, called Phoenix. It's actually kind of good.

I love it when 80's bands make comebacks.

1:39 AM  
Blogger Whit said...

I was going to make fun of you buying a new Dokken CD, but Phil's comment made me want to check out Asia. It must have been the heat of the moment.

1:41 PM  
Blogger CroutonBoy said...

I think all you guys are high. Loverboy wasn't good when they WERE good. I'm embarrassed for all of you.

Except for the Dokken fans. You guys KICK ASS

Now excuse me while I individually shrink-wrap all my plastic picnic silverware.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home