Thursday, February 09, 2006

Parenting by Pixar

So last night, Larry & I were talking about Corey’s new room. We finally finished the bedroom/playroom suite on the attic level of our house. The floor is totally cool; it is painted bright colors and we’ve moved all his toys and books up there. The bedroom is a dinosaur theme. Hey, if they made the comforter in king-size, I might have gotten one for us as well.


The biggest issue is that Corey now has a set of stairs he has to navigate. He’s a heavy sleeper, but the thought of him waking up at night and trying to come down the stairs by himself at 3½ is a little worrisome.

Last night, Larry was discussing the pros and cons of moving him upstairs. “Maybe we should keep the toddler bed in the den for a few more months; at least until he’s four.

I understood his concerns. “Sooner or later, he’s going to have to try sleeping upstairs.
But he could fall,” Larry replied.
Yeah, but he could do fine,” I said.
Larry sighed. “I just don’t want him hurt on our watch.

I nodded, “You can't never let anything happen to him. Then nothing would ever happen to him.

Larry looked up with a questioning look on his face. “That’s profound… but I’ve heard that before.

Always proud of my parenting advice, I beamed. I tried to recall where I had heard such a philosophical quote. Then a horrifying look came over my face.

Omigosh, I think I just quoted Dori from Finding Nemo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home