Sunday, June 03, 2007

Have You Ever Needed Something So Bad?

Last week I got this Urgent call from my friend John. "Dude, it’s Music Time. I must have Too Much Time On My Hands but I found a Headknocker of a concert. The Heavy Metal Poisoning triple bill of Def Leppard, Foreigner and Styx. It’ll be The Best Of Times."

I thought that Dirty White Boy was playing Head Games with me. "Say You Will go, Babe," he asked.

"I’m not a Lady," I said. "But I Have Waited So Long for a Night Life." (I'm such the Renegade.)

Since Nothing Ever Goes As Planned, we have pavilion seats so we’re Ready For The Rain. The Lowdown And Dirty is that we’ll come Face to Face with these super groups on Friday, August 17. A Man Like Me hasn’t has this much Action in years, so it’ll Feel Like The First Time. I know it’ll be in Paradise even though we can’t take Photographs.

We're Not Dead yet, but we joked that most of us will have minivans and full-time jobs. However, When Saturday Comes, we'll all be talking about the concert That Was Yesterday.

Larry thinks I’m an Animal to live this Grand Illusion of Rock! Rock Until I Drop, but I think it’s just his Double Vision that keeps Bringin' On The Heartbreak. I may be Hot Blooded, but All I Need To Know is that this Reaction To Action is the Rock of Ages.

I Can't Wait for A Night To Remember and I’m Counting Every Minute until the 17th.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Lola and Ava said...

You are so odd sometimes . . . I would say get out of the 80s, but considering I am seeing Duran Duran and The Police this summer, I have no room to talk!

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're ready to stop Foolin' around, because you've realized that when it comes to a Juke Box Hero or two, what matters is Action Not Words.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Papa Bradstein said...

Freakin' brilliant. Just remember if you even think to yourself "hey, this is a little too loud . . ." you're too old.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Crazy Computer Dad said...

I saw Billy Squire, Bad Company, and Styx a few years ago. Billy Squire wasn't very good. Bad Company blew me away and all I was thinking was that Styx should NOT have been headliner, no way they could top that. But to my enjoyment and amazement, they did. I think the same concert is coming here...I might have to go now!

~Mike

11:12 PM  
Blogger georgia said...

Behind those slippers posing as loafers, you're one bad a$$ guy :P

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home