Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A rose by any other name

Parenting is always about lessons; sometimes they are given and sometimes they are learned.

Corey and I were in the bathroom at my folk's house. I was shaving and he came in to pottie. As he finished, he grabbed a wad of toilet paper and wiped his penis.

"Dude, you should shake your penis when you pee. Don't wipe it with toilet paper."

"Why?" he asked.

"Well, because most boys shake it. Wiping is for #2 or for girls."

He immediately turned into a 6 year old and began shaking his whole body like he's doing a hula dance. "Look at me. I"m shaking my wiener."

I tried not to laugh as I corrected him. "You only need to hold it with your hand and shake it. Don't move your whole body. And by the way, it's called a penis, not a wiener."

He looked over and sighed. "Daddy, your wiener IS your penis."

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Computer Dad said...

Gotta love those teachable moments, for both father and son. :-)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Whit said...

My father-in-law told Atticus it was his pecker. It took me a good year to break that one.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

JEEZ, Dad! Don't you know ANYTHING?!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Daddy L said...

Too funny. Trying the teach my son how to aim at the moment.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Rich | Championable said...

I'm totally with Corey on this one.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Lemon Gloria said...

Hahahahahahaha! Duh, Dad!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Childsplayx2 said...

Since I have the boy/girl potty training going, it's just easier to have my son sit on the potty and use the toilet paper. I figure peer pressure will get to him by junior high.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home