Saturday, July 29, 2006

Happy Birthday, Big Guy






Today Corey turns 4. It's hard to believe that 4 years ago, we brought a little boy into this world. Gone are the days of bottles, diapers, propping him up with pillows and baby monitors. There are no more car seats with those annoying 'rear view' mirros and we said goodbye to baby gates a long while back.

He is a little man. One with emotions, fears, hopes and dare I say, sarcasm.

Today we celebrate with his birthday party. Family and friends will join together for an afternoon of games and then a visit to the local firehouse. Corey loves fireman...he gets that from me, I guess. I've been told that I can bring my camera, but the rules are that
  1. Corey must be in all pictures with the fireman
  2. The fireman will remain fully dressed.
A tad disappointing, but somewhat appropriate for four year olds, I gather.

Corey also has a movie about fireman. Again, apples don't fall far from trees... though I'm betting our movies are quite different.

There are days I feel lucky, but on days like today, I'm the luckiest man alive. No greater gift has been bestowed on me than to be this little guy's dad. I hope I never take it for granted.




Enjoy some of my favorite pictures from the early days.










Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Bacchus said...

Happy Birthday Corey! I love the time line of pictures. And the humor of this post. I hope the day is the best ever for all of you.

ps that is a tad disappointing about the fireman. LOL

1:19 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Happy Birthday Corey!
Peter, Heidi, Merry, David, Thomasand the dogs Max and Jacks.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Daddy Cool said...

Happy Birthday little guy!

Sounds like great fun was had by all.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Steve S said...

Happy belated Birthday to the little one.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

Happy b-day, little man!!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy belated Birthday Corey.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home