Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Perceived Integrity

Well, I actually tanked my first class. It was the perfect storm; too busy with Larry's surgery, a tough subject, and an ineffective professor. I mentioned a few weeks ago about his case method of teaching. I struggled with it and even tried to get help with 'translating' the cases into equations. No luck.

I won't place all the blame on him. I essentially gave up after week 5. With only 8 classes, you're kinda screwed if you haven't gotten it by the fifth week.

Honestly, I'm not as bothered by the bad grade. In reality, no one asks your GPA from grad school.

What chafes my ass most is that this guy probably thinks I'm stupid and lazy. (#1 I know I just projected feelings on him; it's my blog, I can do that and #2 who the hell cares what he thinks.) Those are both very good reasons not to get worked up over this, I agree. However, just thinking that your integrity might be perceived as an issue still bothers me.

The good part is I'm halfway done with this semester and I only have one more analytical class after this. The end is in sight!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Chili said...

It IS true that no one sees your grad school GPA, but that doesn't keep us from trying to keep it at a 4.0, does it?

I'm sorry, Honey - but you really WERE taking care of more important things at the time...

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think everyone has a class or two like that. Good Luck with the rest of grad school!
Steven

10:33 PM  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

My wife is just about halfway through her MBA program.
It just never seems to end...

2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home