Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Are You Ready for Some Baseball?

Hot Damn, our season begins tonight. That’s right, we’re back in the Nationals box seats bleachers again with thousands of other fans who are there to root on our home team eat crap loads of shitty food.

I really am geared up for another season of baseball. Larry thinks that I only go for the food, to talk to the poor souls who sit near us and for the hotties. That’s mostly true, but I do love watching the game since it’s one of the few sports I understand. (Seriously, I really tried with football this past season, but geez are there a lot of rules… and a lot of commercials.)

However, I’m bound to be one of the dads who can take their kid to a game and when a really great play happens, I look over and say, “Son, I have no idea what the player just did, but how about we get another plate of chicken tenders?

That’s what family memories are made of.

6 Comments:

Blogger Steve S said...

family outings are always great. I hope Kristin isn't really into sports where we have to go watch others play, although it could lead to some great family memories. I'd much rather watch her play sports. That way I get the whole plate of chicken all to myself.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Daddy Cool said...

So were you one of the Booers?

8:03 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

I was the guy stuffing his face with the chicken tenders and fries. Dang, I love that crap food.

Were you there?

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah the smell of fresh cut grass, warm beer and cold hot dogs.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops forgot to sign in with my name...not really anon.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Daddy Cool said...

We went to a few games last year. I'm not sure how taking an 11-month-old to a game would work. Of course we could get a babysitter, but.... you know the drill.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home